Saturday, June 03, 2006

From http://www.religionfacts.com

I took these from Buddhism fast facts from the above website. Most, if not all, are what I set as a personal target some 2-3 yrs back.

Ten Paramita:
1. Giving or generosity
2. Virtue, ethics, morality
3. Renunciation, letting go, not grasping
4. Wisdom and insight
5. Energy, vigour, vitality, diligence
6. Patience or forbearance
7. Truthfulness
8. Resolution, determination, intention
9. Kindness, love, friendliness
10. Equanimity

Some other inspirational thoughts:
Six Perfections:
1. Concentration
2. Effort
3. Ethical behavior
4. Generosity
5. Patience
6. Wisdom

Noble Eightfold Path:
1. Right beliefs
2. Right aspirations
3. Right speech
4. Right conduct
5. Right livelihood
6. Right effort
7. Right mindfulness
8. Right meditational attainment

Three Delusions:
1. Ignorance
2. Desire
3. Anger or hatred

Three Trainings:
1. Moral discipline
2. Concentration
3. Wisdom

I appreciate their values and teachings.

But I can't agree to about karma and the idea that life is suffering. I personally feel that we want to be good-natured because we want our loved ones to be happy. And not to gain positive karma which will 'gain a better nxt-life'. Does nxt-life (if it does exist) that important? And seeing and hearing people who donate $ to gain positive karma for next life makes me feel disgusted. Cause it is no longer an act of generous renunciation of personal monetary. But becomes a selfish act of gaining positive karma, disguised under as a noble act.

Life, to me, is not suffering. Life, to me, is learning. You may have suffered a long deal since birth. But it'll just make you stronger. Cause you learn things in the process and you'll just be stronger by the days.

I love exploring this website. It opens me to so many different religions. Some really rural ones too!

I think my blog is getting a little too spiritual sometimes.

Thought of the day:
A day off is really refreshing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»