Monday, March 03, 2008

Anger management

I'm deeply moved by a sermon.

I was trying to find activities to occupy time. I realise I couldn't read fiction that well as it is difficult to flip and hold books with 1 hand. I went to d/l the sermon of the part 4 of 'New year New you' that I've missed. It speaks deeply to me.

It is abt anger management. It happens to everyone.

Bible reference:
Matthew 5
Proverbs 18:19
James 1:19
Ephesians 4:32
Hebrew 12:15
2 Cor 2:10-11

L: Listen
- It is not easy to listen. We often end up start giving advice before we patiently listen
F: Forgive
- Forgivesness is to open up tt hurt and wound and bring healing to our life.
- Not forgiving is putting both parties in emotional prison.
E: Encourage
- Goodness of life (from God) encourages us.
- Being an encouragement to others can help transform life.

Gist of the sermon: (for believers and non-believers)
1) James 1:19
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
2) Listen - Forgive - Encourage
3) (for believers) To forgive, power is in Christ. Focus on Jesus, and not on the problem or source of anger. Holy Spirit gives the power to forgive. Focus on the kingdom of God.

My words:
Its a continuous battle with anger and it happens to everyone, almost everday, with situations that irritates one. But listen, FORGIVE, and encourage.

For those interested, I've listened both Adam's and PL's. Adam's seems to convey a clearer idea. Both are of similar content. =)

No comments: