Monday, August 31, 2015

Miracle

It has been long time since I've experienced God's presence and God's miracle. It's like a way of telling me that he is here for me. 

I am drafting this on the plane (offline mode though). 

Flight delayed today. It was supposed to take off at 445pm, but didn't until 7pm. I went dinner, went for 2 glasses of beer, after which landed me in toilet. I went toilet with my cell phone in my hand. I lay it at a corner of the cubicle while finishing my toilet business. I left the toilet without my phone. 

I went to the counter, hovering around it to check the status of the flight. A fellow Singaporean man came and told me that my bag zip wasn't close. I thanked him, zipped it and feeling unsecured, got a seat to further check my personal belongings. To my dismay, my phone was not in my bag. I am contemplating whether to re-search my entire bag or be confident it is inside but just somewhere. I don't know why, but I headed to the man who told me about my zip. I asked if he had seen the zipped open right from the start and told him I seem to have lost my phone. I instinctively asked him if he had a China cell phone number to be able to call my China number too. He did and nothing is vibrating in my backpack when he did. 

He told me the phone is still ringing. I rushed to try the restaurant. But I recall coming out of it, still surfing Facebook. I turned and headed for the toilet, rushing to the cubicle I went. Nothing. I saw a cleaner and asked her. She plugged out my cell phone from her pocket, though she procrastinated before doing so. She probably am convinced that I am confident and that the cell phone is actually still ringing in her pocket. (Fellow SG guy helping to dial profusely) She handed me my phone. I couldn't recall if I did thank her, but my ringing cell phone is safely in my hands. 

I came out to the waiting area, to the man who helped me as he is still dialing to my phone. We both are rather amazed the phone is back (given the country we were in) when I left it in the toilet. 

When I get settled down, and recalling the details, I can't help but feeling amazed. 

a) God places a man with initiative telling me my unzipped bag. 
b) God gives this instinct to check bag for missing items.
c) God prepares me. I unknowingly memorized my China number and to have him call my cell phone. (Probably after re-entering my number a lot of times for uber account) 
d) God input memories to help me recall that I was surfing Facebook when I am out of the restaurant. 
e) God put things right with the cleaner. There is reluctance, there is hesitation. But she handed me it. 

Psalm 55:22-23 NIV
[22] Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. 

[23] 2But you, God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of decay; the bloodthirsty and deceitful will not live out half their days. 

But as for me, I trust in you …

No comments: